Homeowners in Suffolk, Broome, Erie, Kings, Queens Counties with properties in the 500-year floodplain can now take advantage of 1% financing of up to $50,000 to undertake flood mitigation measures and other climate-ready improvements to their homes.
PROGRAM DETAILS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Loans of up to $50,000 for flood mitigation and energy efficiency and electrification improvements (main structure of the home only)
- Loans are at a 1% simple interest rate and are payable over 5-10 years
- Home must be located wholly in 500-year floodplain*
- Homeowners choose contractor(s), but contractor(s) must be properly insured and certified
- Household income must be at or below 120% of HUD median income
- No minimum credit score required
- Primary residences only
- Homeowner must undertake a flood mitigation measure as part of the overall home improvement. See examples of eligible flood mitigation repairs here.
- Eligible counties are Broome, Erie, Kings, Queens, and Suffolk counties
Translation? If you need materials translated into another language other than Spanish or English, please contact us!
Please submit all applications to ResiliencyInfo@cdcli.org.
Want to learn more? Click here
The Suffolk County Resilient Retrofit program is currently open to only primary residences that fall solely within the 500-year floodplain. If your primary residence falls within the 100-year floodplain, or spans multiple floodplains, you are not eligible for this funding. If you would like to add your name to an interest list to be notified if additional funding becomes available, please email ResiliencyInfo@cdcli.org or call (516) 206-3383.
The Suffolk County NYS Resilient Retrofits 1% Loan Fund is administered by Home HeadQuarters with assistance from the Community Development Corporation of Long Island (CDCLI) and made possible with funding from NYS Homes and Community Renewal.