HCV Tenant Recertification
For information about CDCLI taking over administration of Nassau County and the Town of Hempstead Housing Choice Voucher programs, effective 12/1/22 click here:
Housing Choice Voucher Program Information
The Housing Choice Voucher program (often referred to as Section 8) assists low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. The participant is free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments, and is not limited to units located in subsidized housing projects. Once tenant and property owner sign a lease, the tenant family is responsible for 30% of their rent depending on their income, and the HCV program pays the remainder directly to the landlord.
CDCLI is the Suffolk and Nassau County (effective for Nassau County 12/1/22) Local Administrator for the New York State Homes & Community Renewal (HCR) Housing Choice Voucher program.
Annual Tenant Recertification Information
As a participating tenant in Community Development Corporation of Long Island’s (CDCLI) Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, you are required to complete an annual recertification to determine your continued eligibility.
Submission of recertification documents and applicable additional documentation is a requirement for continued participation. CDCLI will contact you in advance of your annual recertification due date so you may complete and gather all required information. Failure to turn in all required information by the due date communicated to you could result in termination from the voucher program.
Please note the following important information regarding your recertification:
- All adult household members (18 and older) must complete required forms, sign where applicable and provide all applicable additional documentation.
- All information must be complete and accurate for all household members.
- All provided documents must be dated within 120 days of the due date.
- You can obtain a Recertification Packet by:
- Downloading a recertification packet or request a packet be mailed to you using the links below
- Requesting a packet be mailed to you via phone at the number listed below
- You can return your Recertification Packet and applicable additional documentation by:
- Emailing as noted in your mailed correspondence
- Mailing to CDCLI: Attn: Recertification, CDCLI, 2100 Middle Country Road, Centereach, NY 11720
- Dropping off in person (drop box located in the lobby):
- 2100 Middle Country Road, Centereach, NY 11720 (M-F) OR
- 250 Fulton Ave, #208, Hempstead, NY 11550 (M-F)
Should you have questions about the recertification process, you may contact your Housing Specialist, as noted in your recertification correspondence or Contact Us
Current Housing Choice Voucher Participant Tenant Resources:
- Annual Recertification PDF Packet –Recertification Packet (English) | Recertification Packet (Spanish)
- Annual Recertification Checklist: Checklist (English) | Checklist (Spanish)
- SOI Bulletin: SOI Bulletin (English) | SOI Bulletin (Spanish)
- Submit an email request for a Recertification Packet be mailed to you: Document Request Form
- Submit a phone request for a Recertification Packet be mailed to you: 631-251-5527
- NYS Homes and Community Renewal HCV Program Information : Section 8 – Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program | Homes and Community Renewal (ny.gov)
- New Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Website: Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) | HUD.gov / U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)