Senior Resident Services provides confidential individual social services and group programs to older adult residents on-site at four (4) Complexes:
- Brookview Commons Deer Park
- Woodcrest Estates, Port Jefferson Station
- Pinehurst A Conifer, and Conifer Village 1 & 2, East Patchogue
At select sites, we conduct initial eligibility certification for prospective tenants.
Examples of our services promoting independent living and healthier aging-in-place include:
- Assistance with filling out applications for programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), and the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program for residents who are income-eligible.
- Referrals to and assistance in obtaining supportive services such as at-home meal delivery, homemaker services, health, nursing, and case management, etc.
- Help with accessing and understanding information about programs such as Medicare Part D, and answering questions about bills, mail, and other paperwork.
Setting up or facilitating group activities such as:
- Arts-and-crafts workshops
- Nutrition, health & wellness programming
- Defensive Driving
- Socialization activities such as movie screenings, book clubs, etc.
We produce a newsletter highlighting monthly activities at the complexes that provide a wealth of valuable independent living tips and resources. Click the image below to download a copy of the Newsletter.
Are you a resident of Brookview Commons, Woodcrest Estates, Pinehurst A Conifer, Conifer Village 1, or Conifer Village 2? Want more information about Senior Resident Services, or need assistance now? Contact Senior Resident Services Coordinator Grace Sidorowicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-436-1892 (call or text).
If you are NOT a resident of Brookview Commons, Woodcrest Estates, Pinehurst A Conifer, Conifer Village 1, or Conifer Village 2 and are seeking 55+ independent senior housing in Suffolk County, resources can be obtained through the Suffolk County Office for the Aging at www.suffolkcountyny.gov/aging/How-Do-I (scroll down to Housing section), or call 631-853-8200 and request listings for subsidized and non-subsidized senior housing complexes.